Following new Scottish Athletics guidance all club runs and races are suspended until end January. People can still meet up , max 2 households, for personal / informal exercise subject to level 4 restrictions, see below link to SAL info.
Outdoor athletics and running activity are permitted as long as guidance below is followed.
You are not allowed to participate if you:
• Have Covid-19 symptoms
• Someone in your household has Covid-19 symptoms
• If you have been asked to self-isolate at home by the Scottish Government Test and Protect system
• Have returned from a country which is not on the exemption from quarantine list in the last 14 days
Before & After activity;
• Aim to arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to activity
• Once training has finished leave promptly and maintain physical distancing.
• Hands should be washed and/or sanitised as soon as possible.
• Ensure personal kit and equipment is cleaned thoroughly after use.
• If you become unwell after training, you should first contact your GP/NHS 24 and then inform your club.
During the activity;
Be aware of other members of the public using the same space you are training in. The group should follow physical distancing applicable to the COVID Level in place, and which does not cause unnecessary risk or anxiety to members of the public.
Participants must practice good respiratory hygiene during the activity (i.e. coughing, sneezing, spitting into a tissue or the crook of an elbow).
Level 0, 1 & 2 – Max group size 15, Field of play bubbles are permitted with no physical distancing required during the activity.
Level 3 – Max group size 15, Field of play bubbles are permitted with no physical distancing required during the activity. Where athletes aged 18+ may be in close contact for an extended period of time (e.g. longer than 15 minutes) we strongly recommend enforcing physical distancing.
Level 4 – Max group size 8, Field of play bubbles suspended for those aged 18+ they must follow 2m side by side & 5m single file.
Only Club members may take part. Attendance to be taken and records kept for 21 days.
Please refer to the Scottish Athletics Website for full details, Link…
Cool, misty and windless, good day for a race, thanks to Jim for timekeeping, slight change to the run route through Balloch and a longer cycle route adding a loop through Gartocharn, an extra 4 to 5 miles.
By Finish Time;
Frazer 1:30:50, Roberta 1:31:10, Pat 1:35:00, Steve M 1:37:32, Steph 1:38:56, Andy 1:42:29
By Actual Time (Run/Cycle/Total);
Roberta 30:08/46:02/1:16:10, Steve M 30:05/52:27/1:22:32, Steph 30:59/52:57/1:23:56, Frazer 34:37/51:13/1:25:50, Pat 35:50/59:10/1:35:00, Andy 33:36/1:03:53/1:37:29